is one of the most common mental disorders in the United States.
- An estimated 21.0 million adults in the United States had at least one major depressive episode in the past year
- This number represents 8.3% of all U.S. adults
- The standard of care for depression is treatment with antidepressant medications
- In some cases, depression symptoms do not improve with antidepressant treatment
- Continued symptoms of depression after trying at least two separate antidepressant medications may indicate Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD)